Friday 15 May 2020

Coffee by the window...

Have you ever been to have a coffee by yourself?
A book cafe maybe..
I used to…a lot…in my younger days…

There was a particular cafe in Chennai, those days, I used to frequent with my book. It was an upmarket place and no one really paid attention to my permanent spot,located in a corner, on most evenings.
The cafe has particular significance in my mind because that is where i first saw, my husband.
My favourite spot used to be just by the window. I used to love how the light hits the gigantic splotchy glass early in the mid-mornings and late evenings….and how watching people was so darn therapeutic.

Mostly I used to occupy the seat by the glass windows and look out. Look at all the people walking in and out of the mall. All the girls with one too many shopping bags. All the couples too in love to care. Then you’ll see it slowly— a bit of yourself in everyone. And somehow, sitting alone in a coffee shop had never felt so good.

Longing to do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment