Friday 12 June 2020

The compliment beautiful!


When Mark Twain said "I can live on a compliment for two months" and Victor Hugo said "a compliment is something like a kiss through a veil" and Luc de Clapiers said "If people did not compliment one another there would be little society"...they meant so much good.

I don't think I can put in words just how much kindness gets to me. like seriously, when people say nice things to me or do nice things for me it makes me feel so warm and happy inside and i like never forget it. 
I seriously think about random nice things people have said to me all the time. The lesson is to keep my opinions to myself and be nice to people. I have often thought how strange I must look to most people because no one ever really gets to know whats on my mind. I rarely say.  
Let's say the awkwardness gets all over me so much, that I keep my opinions to myself and what spills out could at most  leave the party with ruthless conviction that I ain't got an opinion or am not in for a social cause backed by coarse words. 

My words can have such a positive and warm effect on someone's life. I have learnt this with enthusiastic practice and self-demos. I need this reminder too, sometimes. A compliment can go a long way. :-) 
The other day I tried something on my elder son. I told hin that I found him cool.
That he embodies all the best qualities of each Hogwarts house, rolled into one.
And, aah..his comeback was a cheeky one.
" Mumma, truth be told, you are so adorably wierd with your examples all the time.. that you are simply great."
Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment