Monday 21 January 2019

Speedbreakers

Dear Backspace,

How weird is it that you are nothing more than a simple key on the keyboard but you make such a big difference in every situation. You know all the secret confessions of the night, the secret tears shed behind each word and all those unsaid verses of love and feelings. You know the times we lied, the times we cried and the times we died deep within unable to express our views.

They say diaries hide most of the stories of a person but for me, you hide most of my tales. You know the times when I sat on my bed with sad eyes and typed out a message and immediately got rid of it cause I was afraid of the consequences. You have seen me write my tales of joy and sorrow which have all been left unsaid. What's special about you with your help I can erase stories I penned once. I kept thinking how would a keyboard look without you?

No unsaid tales and no lost feelings...maybe all the words would be spoken as they were felt. I assume you have been taken for granted. You need more credit for sure. You are like a loyal friend who hides those words deep within and never let the other person know how we really feel.

Thank you for supporting my lows and helping me save my neck a million times. I will always lean on you to save myself in the future too.

Yours,
A person who constantly has their hand on the backspace key.
__

No comments:

Post a Comment